Friday, August 2, 2013

DIY Nursery Projects

So this nesting business is serious stuff.  Or at least I've made it that way.  Being on summer break and not teaching summer school (first time ever!) has been wonderful - and given me lots of time to do productive things like browse pinterest for way too long and come up with ways to save money by spending money... but seriously I have been getting a little over-involved in decorating and preparing a nursery for this little bundle who is supposed to make his arrival in the next 3 weeks.

So here are a couple of the projects I've worked on recently:

Found these 2 beauties at Goodwill for $8 each:
I know, I know... their potential is just reeking from them, right?  I had to promise Brett this wasn't going to be a mistake.  I saw this on Martha Stewart.com, which gave me the idea for the stool one:

And this is how they turned out:

Not too bad, right?  They came together when I put them in the Nursery, which will be revealed shortly. (Shout-out to my sis Esther and her hubby Brian without whom I would have messed up both of these.  I'm sure they they were thrilled to travel all the way from NY just to help me with my silly projects.) 

1 comment:

Esther and Brian VanGorder said...

I am catching up on your blog. I can't believe I got so behind! These pictures took me back to ca. What a fun trip!