Wednesday, July 27, 2011

The Fam-Damily

5 out of my 8 siblings live in rural upstate NY, where I grew up. Went and saw them over 4th of July weekend.

As you can see, I mostly took pics of their crazy adorable lil kids, but I promise most of my time was spent with the big kids. I promise I wasn't following my poor nieces and nephews around begging them to let me take photos. I promise I wasn't the crazy Aunt who kept pleading for a hug every 5 minutes. I promise...

ok... maybe I was all of those things. but I bet when they weren't running away from me, they were loving it as much as I was.






left to right: lil sis Esther, her husband Brian, my oldest niece Anna, and sis-in-law Heather. Just talkin' story under the big tree. love the country.


This was literally my best friend growing up - my big sis Rachel. Love her. Can you believe she has 5 kids? She makes mothering look good!


My #1 role model - mama. one incredible woman. she came to visit me here in california just a couple weeks before I went home. first time I've had her all to myself in my life. Fantastic.

4 comments:

LaNell Brown said...

ok so are all the red heads Rachels kids? Holy cow we did not even get a chance to talk about you going to New York. FUN! I can't believe all your nieces and nephews. Anna totally looks like a Yoder. Those pictures were great. I am so glad you got some one on one time with your mom. It was so fun to talk to you. We need to do it more often.

Ally and Moema said...

Love the great photos of the family. You look more gorgeous than ever. Made me miss you!

Shannon said...

it is so beautiful there! Glad you got to be with all of your wonderful family. And I'm glad to know I'm not the only aunt who is super obsessed with pictures and hugs :). Oh, and yes. Now I'm stalking your blog. That's what good friends do...

Cole said...

I am so glad you came. It was amazing to be together.