Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Outrageous.

I remember once in Haleiwa, HI when Brett & I got pulled over for not having a seatbelt on, not having registration, and not having current insurance. The cop joked with us for a bit, asked us if we were employed, and said he would flip a coin to decide to give us a ticket or not. We lost the coin toss, and he still let us off with a warning.

But in the last few weeks Brett has been trying to find out what he can get away with in CA. Turns out when they get ya, they get ya hard.
Speeding Ticket - 71 in a 55: $300. Yikes.
Not coming to a complete stop before turning right on red: $500.

Turns out ya can't get away with much here. Another reason to miss the land of Aloha...

2 comments:

Brooke Trogdon said...

Yeah you can't get away with much in the state that has no money and they'll ding you for anything they can. If I were you, I'd stop trying to see what you can get away with.

PS
you do realize we live relatively close to each other. I live near Sacramento and you're just in San Jose. I'm glad you're blogging again!

Brooke

Ally and Moema said...

Wow, I didn't even know you had a blog! I miss you girl. We are moving to Philadelphia so we are excited for that. We may ship our car out and if we do we want to come see you:)